Girl Scouts Workshops
Don't forget to ask for your coupon during the workshop!
Girl Scouts working on your journeys will be able to complete and obtain their badges. Journeys examples by level are shown below.
Come and work on your badges or just join us to have FUN learning the art of Sewing and Fashion Design.
Leaders, please call or email to discuss project ideas arrangements. There are several projects to choose from!
WOW journey, Household Elf badge, Step 4: Reuse or recycle
*Brownies will learn to reuse and recycle garments to become
eco-friendly textile experts.
aMuse journey, Playing the Past badge, Step 2: Create a costume.
*Juniors will gain more potential of creations by trying in a Fun way how to put pieces of fabric together.
MEdia journey, Entrepreneur badge, Step 1: Brainstorm business.
*Cadettes will have the opportunity to explore and become a little
entrepreneur by inspiring others with their garments or accessories creations.
Sow What journey, Textile Artist badge, Step 3: Learn the basics
Sow What journey, Room Makeover, Step 3: Sew or glue something
*Seniors will learn to compared where fibers are coming
from and to enjoy the beauty of natural projects!
Girl Scouts Way Badge
Girl Scouts workshops that meet journeys requirements are held on Saturdays for two hours from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 pm and are offered exclusively to Girl Scouts. We don't like to rush our students, so therefore sometime we run into overtime for about 10 to 15 minutes extra at no additional cost.
The number of students is limited to 12 students per workshop at our studio.
I provide sewing machines, tools and fabrics of our choice! Our workshops are fun and dedicated to promote the Leadership in our Girl Scouts.
If you like to provide your own fabric and notions, please let us know in advance.
We work every level with different projects and objectives and all the students will learn
- Basic Sewing Machine Parts
- Cutting Material
- Basic Sewing Operations
- and of course...
- Completing a basic Project to take home to enjoy or share!
The workshops are taught with a minimum of 3 students at our Studio on 4654 Hwy 6 North Suite #205 Houston, Texas 77084.
These forms are needed for the workshop only:
- Girl Scout Permission Form (we are keeping the form)
Leaders: Bring your GS Medical Records with you. These forms are to be kept with the troop.
Limited to 12 Students per workshop at our studio.
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT:
Payment in full is due with your registration. Reservation will not be held without payment. Please call for information, reservation and payment arrangement or special situations.
- To avoid any delays on the girls workshop, please have your forms mail or scan to us at least three days in advance.
- Have your forms ready if you are planning to bring those to the workshop and arrive early for revision.
- Have your troop arrive 15 minutes before the workshop, we will not be able to accommodate any late arrivals.
- Parents are welcome to stay in the waiting area and enjoy their time watching thru the wide windows.
- For the safety of our children, no siblings allowed in the sewing area.
- Beverages are limited to the waiting area only. No Food allowed please. We appreciate your consideration.
DON'T FORGET YOUR CAMERAS!
Students may cancel without any loss of tuition charges if done no less than 3 days prior to the beginning of the workshop. If a student must cancel less than 3 days before the workshop, 50% of the tuition fee will be retained. No refunds will be given on or after the day of the workshop.